Government Of NCT Of Delhi is hiring for A degree in law from the recognized University fro Assistant Public Prosecutors role
Company name : Government Of NCT Of Delhi
Posts : Assistant Public Prosecutors
Qualification : degree in law
Salary : Rs 9300-34800 /- p.m
Location : Delhi
Last date to apply : 21/01/2014
Details of Post :
Assistant Public Prosecutors:
Applications are hereby invited for contractual appointment of Assistant Public Prosecutors for a period of six months or till the regular recruitment of Assistant Public Prosecutors is made by UPSC, whichever is earlier, to function in the Directorate of Prosecution, Govt. of NCT of Delhi. The terms and conditions for contractual appointment are as under:-
NUMBER OF POSTS : The current proposal is for appointment of 20 Assistant Public Prosecutors on contractual basis. However, the number of vacancies may increase or decrease if the situation so warrants.
AGE : The candidates applying for the post should not be more than the age of 63 years on the closing date of submission of application. The contract of the candidates can be renewed upto the age of 65 years with the approval of the Appointing Authority. The contract of selected Assistant Public Prosecutors will stand terminated on their acquiring the age of 65 years.
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION: A degree in law from the recognized University.
- Retired Prosecuting Officers of the Govt. of NCT of Delhi
- Retired Prosecuting Officers of other Govt. agencies like CBI etc.
- Retired prosecuting officers of State Governments and Union territories of India.
- Legal practitioners who have already worked as Assistant Public Prosecutor for two years or more on contract basis/ regular basis with the Directorate of Prosecution, Govt. of NCT of Delhi.
Anyone not fulfilling the above conditions, need not apply.
SELECTION CRITERIA :
The applications of the candidates would be shortlisted on the basis of eligibility conditions and thereafter the candidates will be called for interview by the Selection / Expert Committee. The experience of candidates to conduct cases in the Courts would be the main criteria of selection. The Selection Committee or the Expert Committee can devise its own mechanism for selecting the Assistant Public Prosecutors on contractual basis, keeping in mind that these candidates should fulfil the minimum requirement as defined in the Recruitment Rules of APPs, giving preference/ weightage for higher qualification in the field of Law, higher marks in LLM/ LLB, more work experience as practicing lawyer etc.
- The retired Govt. servants engaged as Assistant Public Prosecutors on contractual basis would be entitled to the last pay drawn (basic pay in the pay band plus grade pay) minus basic pension drawn.
- The remuneration payable to other candidates would be equal to the minimum of the pay band (i.e. 9300-34800) `9300/- + Grade Pay `4600/- + DA applicable on the date of offer of appointment which will remain fixed for the purpose of calculation of monthly pay till the contract is valid.
- The Assistant Public Prosecutors so selected will be entitled to lump sum monthly salary as mentioned above and no other allowances will be admissible to them. The appointees shall also not be entitled to any benefits like PF, gratuity, seniority, promotions etc.
PERIOD OF CONTRACT: The contractual appointment would be initially for a period of 06 months or till the vacancies are filled up on regular basis by UPSC whichever is earlier. Granting further extension would be on the decision/ discretion of the Competent Authority i.e. Chief Secretary Delhi.
JOB REQUIREMENTS: The selected candidates would be assigned the work, which is normally assigned to an APP, including appearing in Metropolitan Magistrate courts anywhere in Govt. of NCT of Delhi for defending the State, in criminal matters/cases.
How to Apply:
- The selected candidates would, however, have no right or claim of the service, they have rendered in the Directorate of Prosecution on contractual appointment, in case they are selected for appointment on regular basis through UPSC.
- The said engagement on contractual basis may be terminated at any time by a month’s notice given by either side and without assigning any reason. The Govt. however, reserves the right to terminate the services forthwith or before the expiry of the stipulated period of notice by making payment to him of a sum equivalent to the consolidated remuneration for the period of notice or the unexpired portion thereof.
- No travelling allowance will be allowed for joining the appointment.
- The selected candidates will be liable for disciplinary provisions of Bar Council for professional misconducts. Apart from the provision of termination of the contract, provision of Prevention of Corruption Act would apply to him/ her, as he/ she would be a public servant during the term of his/ her contract
- The selected candidates shall have no right of private practice under any circumstances.
- The selected candidates shall be required to maintain discipline and absolute integrity in accordance with CCS (Conduct) Rules, 1964.
- The working hours for the selected candidates would be the same, as is being observed by the regular Assistant Public Prosecutors. However, they would not be entitled for any earned leave etc.
- Further, the character and antecedents of selected candidates shall be verified and they shall be medically examined.
- RECEIPT AND SCRUTINY OF APPLICATIONS : Any application received without requisite documents shall be rejected summarily. The Appointing Authority reserves the right to reject any application without assigning any reason thereof. The Chief Secretary/ Appointing Authority will be the final authority to decide the matter in case of any dispute arising in respect of selection procedure.
Important dates to remember :
To Receive Education Based Job Alert – Register Now on Fresherslive.com
SIMILAR JOBS @ FRESHERSLIVE