Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited (HPCL) hiring B.Tech/B.E holders for Recruitment of Graduate Engineers through GATE-2014 role
Company name : HPCL
Posts : Graduate Engineers
Qualification : B.Tech/B.E
Location : Mumbai
Last date to apply : 12th February 2014
Details of Post :
Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Ltd., is a mega integrated Oil refining and marketing company with Gross Sales of s 2,15,675 Crores and 260th position in the prestigious list of Fortune Global 500 Companies during 2012-13. HPCL accounts for about 20% of the market share and about 10% of the nation’s refining capacity and also operates the largest Lube Refinery in India producing Lube Base Oils of international standards, which accounts for over 40% of the India’s total Lube Base Oil production.
Towards fulfilling its Mission – to be a fully integrated company in the hydrocarbons sector of exploration and production, refining and marketing; focusing on enhancement of productivity, quality and profitability; HPCL invites bright and dynamic Engineering Graduates, in specified disciplines aspiring to join it’s team of world class professionals. Interested candidates are required to appear for GATE 2014 for their respective discipline.
- Mechanical – Mechanical, Mechanical & Production
- Civil – Civil
- Electrical – Electrical, Electrical & Electronics
- Electronics &Telecommunication - Electronics, Electronics & Communication, Electronics &Telecommunication.
- Instrumentation – Instrumentation, Instrumentation & Control, Electronics & Instrumentation, Instrumentation & Electronics.
Minimum educational qualification for employment in above mentioned positions are:
- Candidates should have passed qualifying degree examinations and awarded bachelor’s degree in engineering/technology in the above mentioned disciplines. All the qualifications should be full time regular course/s from AICTE approved / UGC recognized University/Deemed University. The courses offered by Autonomous Institutions should be equivalent to the relevant courses approved / recognized by Association of Indian Universities (AIU)/UGC/AICTE.
- Candidates (belonging to General and OBC-NC category) should have secured minimum 60% marks (aggregate marks of all semesters) in qualifying degree examinations, relaxed to 50% (aggregate marks of all semesters) for SC/ST/PWD candidates.
- Candidates currently in final year of their engineering studies may also apply. However, if selected, they must be in a position to submit their final mark sheet by 31st August 2014. At the time of applying Candidates (belonging to General and OBC-NC category) should have secured minimum 60% aggregate marks upto last semester examinations which is relaxed to 50% for SC/ST/PWD candidates.
To Receive Education Based Job Alert - Register Now on Fresherslive.com
Age Limit : Maximum 25 years as on 30th June 2014 for the general category candidates i.e. candidates born on or after 30.06.1989. Age relaxation for OBC (Non Creamy Layer)/SC/ST/PWD candidates will be applicable as per the Presidential Directives.
Physical / Medical Fitness : Desirous candidates seeking employment with Hindustan Petroleum need to be medically fit as per Hindustan Petroleum’s pre-employment medical standard. It may please be noted that Defective Colour vision is a disqualification under Pre Employment Medical norms of HPCL. A list of medical tests/examinations required to determine general suitability of candidates is available at www.hpclcareers.com. Same can also be accessed through our www.hindustanpetroleum.com.
Remuneration Package (Cost To The Company) : Selected candidates will initially undergo training for six months. During the training period, Officer Trainees will be entitled for a consolidated Stipend of r 33,000/- per month. Upon successful completion of training, they will be absorbed at the entry level in the Management Cadre in “A” grade in the Salary Scale of s. 24,900 – 50,500, subject to fulfilling the required performance related/ other criterion, and will be on Probation for a further period of 6 months.
- Upon completion of the Probation period, they will be considered for confirmation subject to satisfactory performance during Probation period, qualifying in Technical Competency test, submission of Project Report upto qualifying standards, required attendance etc. The confirmation in service would also be subject to verification of antecedents and verification of caste status / certificate wherever applicable.
- Upon absorption, besides Basic Pay, the employee is entitled to allowances at 50% of Basic Pay under Cafeteria Approach, Dearness Allowance, HRA, Contributory Provident Fund, Gratuity, and Superannuation Benefits as per Corporation’s policy in force from time to time.
- Upon confirmation, the CTC would be approximately. R 9.4 lakhs per annum**. In addition to this, certain work related allowances and Performance Related Pay (PRP) is also paid as per the Corporation’s policy.
- ** CTC is for candidates posted in metro cities; and may vary for other locations. CTC includes deferred payments like post-Retirement Benefits.(PF, Gratuity and uperannuation
How to apply.
- GATE-2014 Online Examination is scheduled in the month of Feb 2014. For detailed information of GATE-2014, interested candidates may log on to http://www.gate.iitk.ac.in/gate2014 or websites of other IITs and Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore.
- Candidates need to purchase the GATE application form as per the information provided in GATE-2014 websites. They should fill-in and submit the GATE application form as instructed by the GATE authorities and wait for the admit card to get the GATE registration number.
- The candidates will receive their GATE-2014 Registration number printed on their admit card. On receipt of GATE registration number, the candidates need to apply to Hindustan Petroleum on-line. The relevant link will be made available from 05th November 2013 at the ‘Careers Opportunities’ link of Hindustan Petroleum Website www.hpclcareers.com or through our website www.hindustanpetroleum.com.
- Candidates should click on the on-line application link, read the instructions carefully and fill-in the on-line application form giving accurate information including the GATE-2014 registration number.
- Candidates should keep scanned copy of Passport size photo (in jpg/gif format less than 500 kb) readily available at the time of submitting on-line application
- Upon completion, the candidate should submit the online application by clicking the Submit button the bottom of the page. If the same is accepted, the system will generate a Unique Application ID along with the completed application form.
- Candidates should take a print out of completed application, affix his/her recent passport size photograph, put his/her signature at the space provided and keep with him/ her safely for future reference.
- The passport size photograph affixed by the candidate should be the same submitted along with GATE-2014 application form. In case the candidate called for GD/GT and or interview, he/she should come with this printed application form, along with GATE-2014 admit card and GATE-2014 original official score card.
- Candidates should ensure that the relevant details viz- Name, Date of Birth, Address, GATE 2014 Registration NO etc. entered in HPCL Online application should be same as entered in the GATE 2014 application.
is the last date for receiving application online for HPCL.
Processing Fee : A Non-refundable amount of R 200 + applicable Banking charges towards processing fee is required to be paid by General & OBC-NC candidates while applying for HPCL. No Processing fee is applicable for SC/ST & PWD candidates.
PAYMENT OF APPLICATION FEE: Applicants / Candidates are required to pay a Non-Refundable Amount of R 235/- (Application fee of r 200/- and banking charges of s 35/-). SC, ST & PWD candidates are exempted from payment of application fee.
Important dates to remember :
Last date to apply : 12th February 2014