Applications are invited from unmarried candidates who fulfill eligibility condition of Nationality as laid down by the Government of India for grant of Short Service Commission (SSC) in Executive and Technical Branches of the Indian Navy under University Entry Scheme (UES), for course commencing June 2014.
Company name : Indian Navy
Posts : SSC (Executive & Technical Branches-UES)
Qualification : BE/B.Tech
Location : India
Last date to apply : 27 Jul 2013
Details of Post :
SSC (Executive & Technical Branches-UES)
- Engineering Branch : (i) Mechanical (ii) Marine (iii) Automobile (iv) Mechtronics (v) Instrumentation (vi) Production Engineering (vii) Metallurgy (viii) Aeronautical (ix) Aerospace (x) Automation and Robotics (xi) Industrial Engineering & Management
- Electrical Branch : (i) Electrical (ii) Electronics (iii) Tele Communications (iv) Electronics and Instrumentation (v) Electronics and Communication (vi) Power Engineering (vii) Control System Engineering (viii) Power Electronics (ix) Instrumentation & Control
- Naval Branch : (i) Mechanical (ii) Civil (iii) Aeronautical (iv) Aero Space (v) Metallurgy Architecture (vi) Naval Architecture
- General branc : (i) Mechanical (ii) Marine (iii) Aeronautical (iv) Production (v) Computer Service (X) Science Engineering (vi) Information Technology (vii) Control (viii) Electrical (ix) Electronics (x) Telecommunication
- Pilot Any stream of BE/ B. Tech. (Phy. & Math at 10+2 level)
- Observer Any stream of BE/ B. Tech. (Phy. & Math at 10+2 level) Men
- IT (i) Information Technology (ii) Computer Science Engineering (iii) Computer Engineering
- Logistics (i) Civil (ii) B Architecture (Works)
- Engineering (i) Mechanical (ii) Marine (iii) Automobile (iv) Mechtronics (v) Instrumentation (vi) Production Engineering (vii) Metallurgy (viii) Aeronautical (ix) Aerospace (x) Automation and Robotics (xi) Industrial Engineering & Management (xii) Aeronautical Engineering
- Electrical (i) Electrical (ii) Electronics (iii) Control (iv) Telecommunication (v) Instrumentation (vi) Power Engineering (vii) Electronics and Communication (viii) Instrumentation & Control
Promotion & Pay Scale :
- Sub Lieutenant (SLt) PB-3/15600-39100 5400 6000
- Lieutenant (Lt) PB-3/15600-39100 6100 6000
- Lieutenant Commander (Lt Cdr) PB-3/15600-39100 6600 6000
- Commander (Cdr) PB-4/37400-67000 8000 6000
HOW TO APPLY
- Candidates have to submit application online only for this entry. Receipt of multiple applications from the same candidate will result in cancellation of candidature. The candidate applying online (e-application) can do so from 22 Jun 13. The online application registration will close on 27 Jul 13.
- Whilst filling up the e-application, it is advisable to keep the relevant documents readily available to enable the following: -
(a) Correct filling up of personal particulars, details are to be filled up as given in the Matriculation Certificate.
(b) Fields such as e-mail address, Mobile number are mandatory fields and need to be filled.
- Filling up of e-application:- For filling up application online visit our websitewww.nausena-bharti.nic.in and proceed as follows:-
(a) Click in the ‘Officer Entry’ button under the option ‘Apply Online’ on the Home page.
(b) Fill the online registration form. Tips to assist in filling up fields have been provided as you highlight each field.
(c) Before Clicking the Submit button it should be checked whether all the details entered in the form are correct as you will not be able to make any correction after saving the record.
(d) After submitting the form, an ‘Application Number’ will be generated by the system and displayed on the screen. This Application Number will automatically appear on the printout of the form. If the system does not generate the Application Number, it is an indication of non-acceptance of Application by the system.
(e) Print a copy of this Application Form having the system generated Application Number. The copy of this application form is to be submitted to the Campus Selection Team of Indian Navy at the time of campus interview.
- Obtain signature of the principal on the declaration given at the end of the application.
- Although candidates may be eligible for more than one branch/cadre yet they have to submit only one application and mention priority at para 2 of Application Format. If candidate has submitted Duplicate application, his candidature will be cancelled at any stage of selection process.
Selection Procedure :
The eligible candidates applying for the entry will have to appear before a Naval Campus Selection Team for interview. The candidates qualifying the campus interview will be shortlisted for SSB interview on the basis of his/her preference for the entry, subject to meeting the eligibility criteria for particular entry. The final selection of Branch/Cadre will be decided by IHQ-MoD(Navy) depending on number of vacancies in particular Branch/Cadre.
Short listed candidates will be called for Campus Interview at their own expense at centres as notified by IHQ-MoD (Navy)/Command Headquarters. The screening will be conducted by a Naval Selection Team, and candidates selected during campus interview will be called for SSB interview at Bangalore/Bhopal/Coimbatore between Dec 13 to Apr 14.
- Conduct of SSB. Stage I test consisting of Officer Intelligence Rating(OIR) Test, Picture Perception and Discussion test(PPDT) will be conducted on the first day. Candidate who fails to qualify in Stage I will be routed back home on the same day. Stage II tests will comprise of Psychological testing, Group Task, Group Discussion and Personal Interview. No compensation will be paid in case of any injury sustained as a result of tests. The duration of SSB will be 05 days Successful candidates will thereafter undergo Special Medical Examination for approximate duration of 05 days at nearest military hospital. Successful candidates of Pilot & Observer entry will undergo following on qualifying SSB:
Pilot Entry. PABT (Pilot Aptitude Battery Test) followed by Aviation Medicals.
Observer Entry. Aviation Medicals.
- Change of SSB centre is not permissible. Any correspondence regarding change of SSB dates is to be addressed to the Call-up Officer of the concerned SSB. Award of fresh dates, would be subject to availability of date and batches at SSB centre.
- Candidates recommended by the SSBs and declared medically fit, will be appointed for training in order of All India Merit depending on the number of vacancies.
- Return AC 3rd rail fare is admissible for the SSB interview, if appearing for the first time for the entry.
- The training is scheduled to commence in Jun 2014 at Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala.
- Candidates finally selected for UES, will be inducted as Officers in the rank of Sub Lieutenant and undergo 22 weeks Naval Orientation Course at the INA, Ezhimala, followed by professional training in Naval Ships and Training Establishments.
(i) Pilot Entry. Pilot candidate will begin training with Naval Orientation Course at the INA, Ezhimala,followed by Stage I and Stage II flying training at the Air Force Academy/Naval Establishment. On Successful completion of Stage II training the Candidate will be awarded wings.(ii) Observer Entry. Observer candidates will commences training with Naval Orientation Course at INA,Ezhimala, followed by abridged SLt Tech Courses and flying training at Observer School. On successful completion training at Observer School, the candidate will be awarded Observer Badge.
(iii) Submarine/Technical. Candidates finally selected for SubmarineSpecialisation, will be inducted as officers in the rank of Sub Lieutenant and undergo Naval Orientation Course at the INA Ezhimala followed by professional training in other Naval Training Establishments/Ships. On completion of the training the candidates will have to pass Submarine Qualifying Board. The candidates will be entitled for Submarine Pay and allowances upto Rs.17,500/- per month, only after qualifying the Submarine Qualifying Board.
Important dates to remember :
Last date to apply : 27 Jul 2013
For more details – Click Here
SIMILAR JOBS @ FRESHERSLIVE