Institute for Plasma Research (IPR) hiring B.E. / B.Tech. / B.Sc M.Sc Diploma holders for Engineers,Technical/Scientific Assistants,Scientist role
Company name : Institute for Plasma Research
Posts : Engineers,Technical/Scientific Assistants
Qualification : B.E. / B.Tech. / B.Sc M.Sc Diploma
Location : Gandhinagar
Last date to apply : 31/10/2013
Details of Post :
The Institute for Plasma Research is a premier scientific institute under the Department of Atomic Energy, Govt. of India devoted to research and development activities in the areas of basic Plasma Physics, Magnetic Confinement fusion and industrial applications of plasmas. Applications are invited from highly motivated and result oriented candidates for the posts of :
Sl.No.1 ENGINEER – SC (ITER-India) No. of Post – 1
- QUALIFICATION &EXPERIENCE : B.E. / B.Tech. / B.Sc. (Engg.) minimum 60% in Mechanical Engineering.
- JOB DESCRIPTION :The incumbent will be expected to work on fabrication and installation aspects, specific to cryogenic system, namely, Cryolines and Cold valve boxes. The candidate will review the fabrication drawings, supervise fabrication as well as check the compliance with quality requirements. Interaction with the manufacturer, management of deviations and assessing the schedule will be part of the job. The candidate should have knowledge of cryogenic processes, vacuum technology and cryogenic safety Selected candidate will be required to work at ITER-India, Gandhinagar.
Sl.No.2 ENGINEER – SC (MECHANICAL) No. of Post – 1
- QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE: B.E. / B.Tech. / B.Sc. (Engg.) minimum 60% in Mechanical Engineering.
- JOB DESCRIPTION: The selected candidates are expected to work in various areas of Detailed Engineering Design & Analysis and commissioning of different SST-1 diagnostics. Commissioning work will involve interface of UHV vacuum chambers, support structure with SST-1 Tokamak and their related issues.
Sl.No.3 ENGINEER – SC (CIVIL) No. of Post – 1
- QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE : B.E. / B.Tech. / B.Sc. (Engg.) minimum 60% in Civil Engineering.
- JOB DESCRIPTION : The selected candidate will be required to do day to day supervision & execution of works to ensure best quality & workmanship, to co-ordinate with Contractors, Architects & Consultants, study & scrutiny of drawings, preparation of estimates including rate analysis & Tender documents, correspondence & maintaining records related to projects, Scrutiny and verification of bills including taking and recording measurements and all project related work and any other work assigned from time to time.
To Receive Education Based Job Alert - Register Now on Fresherslive.com
Sl.No.4 ENGINEER – SC (CHEMICAL) No. of Post – 1
- QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE : B.E. / B.Tech. / B.Sc. (Engg.) minimum 60% in Chemical Engineering.
- JOB DESCRIPTION : The selected candidate will be required to work in process design and experiments related to Liquid metal activities such as loop operation, alloy development, Preparation of P&ID, PFD and other process design related work will also part of the work. The person should also be involved in regular laboratory experiments.
Sl.No.5 SCIENTIST – SC No. of Post – 1
- QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE : Minimum 60% in M.Sc. Physics.
- JOB DESCRIPTION : The incumbent will be expected to carry out erection, commissioning, calibration and operation of SST-1 Thomson Scattering system
Sl.No.6 TECHNICAL ASSISTANT – B (ELECTRONICS / ELECTRICAL/MECHANICAL/CHEMICAL)
- QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE: Diploma in Electronics / Electrical / Mechanical / Chemical passed with minimum 60% marks from recognized University / Technical Examination Boards.
- JOB DESCRIPTION: (ELECTRONICS) (No. of Post –1): The selected candidate will be required to assist in the installations, testing and commissioning of signal conditioning electrons cards, PLC based control system and PXI based Data acquisition system. Also expected to assist in designing and testing of varies electronics circuits.
- JOB DESCRIPTION (ELECTRICAL): (No. of Post –1): The selected candidate will be required to do Electrical distribution work of 3 Phase AC / single AC, Electrical Cable layout, high voltage testing, adequate knowledge on Electrical parameters and measurements techniques is desirable.
- JOB DESCRIPTION (MECHANICAL / CHEMICAL): (No. of Post –1): The selected candidate will have to work in existing set-up of safety experiments and also in safety code experimental validation set-up.
- JOB DESCRIPTION (MECHANICAL): (No. of Posts –2): The selected candidate will have to carry out works like mechanical assembly, assist in fabrication related works, testing and maintenance of mechanical systems, monitoring expts, preparation of model, drawings, etc.
Sl.No.7 SCIENTIFIC ASSISTANT – B (PHYSICS / CHEMISTRY / MATERIAL SCIENCE)
- QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE: (PHYSICS / CHEMISTRY) : B.Sc. (3 Years) minimum 60% with (Physics / Chemistry) as a main subject.
- JOB DESCRIPTION : (PHYSICS) (No. of Posts – 2) : The selected candidate will be required to assist in the experiments involving Thomson scattering and beam diagnostics. Candidate having knowledge on laboratory scale sensors/transducers and laboratory scale optics experiments will be preferred.
- JOB DESCRIPTION : (PHYSICS) (No. of Post – 1) : The selected candidate will be required to assist in the installation, commissioning and testing of vacuum systems, gas feed system, water system, cesium delivery system and ion source. The candidate
- will also assist in the various designing works using Auto-CAD or any other design software.
- JOB DESCRIPTION : (PHYSICS) (No. of Post – 1) : The selected candidate will be required to assist Scientists of the group in regular operation and maintenance of various scientific equipments and systems in the laboratory, as well as carrying out experiments.
- JOB DESCRIPTION: (PHYSICS) (No. of Post – 1) : The selected candidate will be required to assist Scientist / Engineers in regularly operating and maintaining various vacuum systems, TMPs, Calibration ions source[H+], will have to work with Particle detectors like Channeltrons [CEMs] and their electronics etc.
- JOB DESCRIPTION: (CHEMISTRY) (No. of Post – 1) : The selected candidate will have to provide support to scientists and engineers in the laboratory activity for developing the experimental set up for Pressure Swing Adsorption System and Hydrogen Isotope Extraction System. In particular he / she would be required to perform experiments, acquire data, test and maintain different equipment, maintain laboratory log books etc.
- JOB DESCRIPTION: (PHYSICS / CHEMISTRY) (No. of Post – 1) : The selected candidate will need to work in pebble characterization systems, assist and monitor experiments and maintenance of lab. Activities.
- JOB DESCRIPTION: (PHYSICS / MATERIAL SCIENCE) (No. of Post – 1) : The selected candidate will have to carry out works like specimen preparation, assisting in characterization, monitoring expts, etc.
Sl.No.8 SCIENTIFIC ASSISTANT – B (COMPUTER) No. of Post – 1
- QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE: Minimum 60% in B.Sc. (Computer Science).
- JOB DESCRIPTION: The incumbent is required to perform the day to day tasks in running computer centre, including routine operation and maintenance of PC class of machine. Assisting system administrator in operation of servers / network. Experience in MS Excel / Database management is desirable.
Sl.No.9 TRADESMAN – A (WELDER) No. of Post – 1 (ST) SECOND ATTEMPT
- QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE : I.T.I. minimum 60% in Welder Trade.
- JOB DESCRIPTION : The selected candidate will have to work in all types of welding activities for TBM program at IPR. In the beginning, the candidate will be deputed to Indira Gandhi Centre for Atomic Research (IGCAR), Kalpakkam, Tamilnadu for minimum period of 2-3 years to work in similar field.
Sl.No.10 TRADESMAN – A (ELECTRICIAN) No. of Post – 1 (OBC) FIRST ATTEMPT
- QUALIFICATION &EXPERIENCE: I.T.I. minimum 60% in Electrician Trade.
- JOB DESCRIPTION : The incumbent will be required to do the routine and preventive maintenance of 11 kV and 415 V utility distribution systems. He/she should be able to carry out power distribution and cabling works required for various laboratories
PAY SCALE :
- ENGINEER / SCIENITST-SC : Pay Band 3 (PB-3) Rs.15600-39100 with basic Grade Pay Rs.5400/- (Gross Pay Rs.44100/- p.m.)
- TECHNICAL / SCIENTIFIC ASSISTANT – B : Pay Band 2 (PB-2) Rs. 9300-34800 with basic Grade Pay Rs.4200/- (Gross Pay Rs.28350/- p.m.)
- TRADESMAN – A : Pay Band 1 (PB-1) Rs.5200-20200 with basic Grade Pay Rs.1900/- (Gross Pay Rs.16233/- p.m.)
Only Indian Nationals need to apply. Those who have attended interview for similar posts in the past one-year need not apply. Separate applications should be submitted with supporting for separate posts. The persons with disabilities can also be selected on their own merit against the unreserved quota.
The number of vacancies indicated above is provisional and may be increased / decreased depending on the actual requirement of the organisation.
AGE LIMIT : Engineer / Scientist – SC and Scientific / Technical Assistants – B – 30 years. Tradesman – A – 25 years. Age relaxation is admissible to SC / ST / OBC / PHP / Ex-servicemen candidates, as per Government of India orders on the subject.
In addition to pay and allowances, Medical Scheme facility under its Contributory Health Service Scheme, Free Transport and subsidized Canteen facilities are admissible for the above posts. Perquisites like New Pension Scheme, LTC, Group Linked Insurance Scheme are admissible as per Institute’s rules.
Experience should have been obtained after possessing the essential educational qualifications. The eligibility criteria with regard to age, qualification, experience, etc. shall be determined as on 31/10/2013.
Sleeper Class / Second Class to and fro Rail / State Transport bus fare by direct and shortest route will be reimbursed to out-station candidates called for interview on production of ticket or proof of journey such as Railway / Bus ticket or ticket no.
HOW TO APPLY : Typed application on A4 size paper strictly in the following format available on our web page at http://www.ipr.res.in/advertisements.html with one recent passport size photograph duly affixed on the right hand top corner of the application alongwith copies of testimonials in support of Qualification and Work Experience, etc. should reach The Acting Chief Administrative Officer, Institute for Plasma Research at the above address on or before 31/10/2013. The envelope should be strictly superscribed with Advt. No. and Post Applied for.
Important dates to remember :
Last date to apply : 31/10/2013
SIMILAR JOBS @ FRESHERSLIVE