Mazagon Dock Limited (MDL) hiring BE/B.Tech holders for Executive Trainees through GATE 2014 role
Company name : Mazagon Dock Limited
Posts : Executive Trainees through GATE 2014
Qualification : BE/B.Tech
Location : Mumbai
Last date to apply : 01 Oct 2013
Details of Post :
Executive Trainees through GATE 2014
Mazagon Dock Limited (MDL) is India’s leading Shipbuilding Company with ISO 9001:2008 accreditation. It is a profit-making Central Government Schedule ‘A’ PSU under the Ministry of Defence, Department of Defence Production, engaged primarily in the building of Warships and Submarines for the Indian Navy. MDL has a consistent growth, both in physical as well as financial parameters and has an ambitious growth plan. The present turnover is approximately ` 2300 Cr. which is projected to be higher in the coming years. MDL has employee strength of around 8700.
MDL proposes to recruit Executive Trainees of following disciplines in the Industrial Dearness Allowance (IDA) Pay Scale. These Executive Trainees will be shortlisted for Personal Interview on the basis of Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineers (GATE) 2014 score:
Upper Age limit as on 29.11.2013 : 26 years
Pay Scales : Rs. 16,400-40,500/-
PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES (PWD): Only such person, who suffers from not less than 40% of relevant Disability are eligible to be considered under PWD as per “the Persons With Disabilities (Equal Opportunities, Protection Of Rights & Full Participation) Act – 1995.”
QUALIFYING REQUIREMENTS: Qualification – Full-Time degree in Engineering in Mechanical/ Electrical/ Electronics with minimum First Class or 60% Marks or equivalent CGPA from a recognized University/ Deemed University Or Institute recognized by AICTE. Final year students are also eligible to apply for the post. However, their final selection will be subject to clearing the qualifying requirement as above with minimum First Class or 60% Marks or equivalent
Job requirement: The incumbent will have to handle job functions like ship/ submarine construction, refits, modernization, in any of the relevant fields of planning/ design/ procurement/ fabrication/ berth/ outfitting/ quality assurance/ test and trials. He may be deployed for any other duties of the Company depending on requirement as may be decided by the Management.
To Receive Education Based Job Alert - Register Now on Fresherslive.com
SELECTION PROCESS: The selection process will comprise the following:
- Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineers (GATE) 2014 Score of candidates in the concerned disciplines. The Graduate Engineers from the relevant disciplines mentioned in the Qualifying Requirements, who are desirous of taking up a career with MDL are required to write GATE 2014 examination in the same disciplines. The GATE papers along with GATE paper codes are given belowGATE 2014 paper Corresponding GATE 2014 paper codeMechanical Engineering ME
Electrical Engineering EE
Electronics Engineering EC
- On the basis of GATE 2014 score, the candidates will be shortlisted for personal interview. Candidates obtaining a valid score shall only be eligible for the next stage of selection. The score is valid only if the candidate obtains more than or equal to the qualifying marks as fixed for the respective discipline in GATE 2014. Please note that only GATE 2014 score is valid for this recruitment exercise in MDL under this advertisement. GATE score of 2013 or scores of previous GATE examination shall not be entertained.
- Candidates must qualify through each stage of selection process successfully before being adjudged as suitable for selection.
- Candidates need not pay any Processing Fee for applying to MDL
ELIGIBILITY OF CANDIDATES From PSU/ Govt. Department/ Armed Forces Candidates, who are employed in Government/ Public Sector Undertakings, shall have to produce ‘No Objection Certificate’ (NOC) from their present employer at the time of the interview; failing which the candidate shall not be allowed to appear for the interview.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Interested eligible candidates shall register themselves ONLINE for the GATE 2014 examination for which registration would start on 02nd September 2013.
- All information related to the candidates will be available in a single GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS). Information related to GATE can be obtained from their website www.iitkgp/gate2014.com
- On registration, unique GATE 2014 registration number would be generated, which has to be used for applying to MDL.
- Candidates will have to apply through the MDL Online Recruitment System between 15th October 2013 and 29th November 2013.
- Candidates please note that the selection process will commence only after the declaration of GATE 2014 results.
Important dates to remember :
- GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS) Website Opens: Enrolment, Application Filling, Application Submission Monday, 02nd September 2013
- Last Date for Enrolment (after this only enrolled candidates can fill the application) Tuesday, 01st October 2013
- Last Date for Submission of Online Application through Website Thursday, 03rd October 2013
- Availability of Admit Card on the GOAPS website for printing Wednesday, 18th December 2013
- GATE 2014 Online Examination Forenoon: 09:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Afternoon: 02:00 p.m. to 05:00 p.m. Saturdays & Sundays Between 01st February & 02nd March 2014
- Announcement of Results on the Online Application Website Friday, 28th March 2014