National AIDS Control Organization (NACO) hiring M.Phil(Relevant Disciplines) holders for Programme Officer role
Company name : National AIDS Control Organization (NACO)
Posts : Programme Officer
Qualification : M.Phil(Relevant Disciplines)
Location : Delhi
Last date to apply : 11/11/2013
Details of Post :
Applications are invited for appointment to the post of Programme Officer (Counselling) on contractual basis.
Essential Educational Qualification and Experience :
- M. Phil in psychology/Sociology/Social Work and desirable Ph.D. in these subjects.
- Minimum 5 years experience after M. Phil and 3 years experience after Ph.D(in above mentioned subject(s)) in the fields of counseling and related human resource development in Health Care System.
Remuneration : Consolidated Rs. 51750/- per month, which is likely to be revised.
Duration : Initially the contract shall be upto 31st March 2014 and may be extended based on performance.
To Receive Education Based Job Alert - Register Now on Fresherslive.com
Age : Not more than 60 years.
Place of Posting : Department of AIDS Control/GOI, New Delhi
Duties and Responsibilities of Programme Officer (Counselling):
- Coordinating with different divisions at Department of AIDS Control/ GOI to ensure quality of HIV counseling offered through the ICTC, ART, TI, CCC, STI, Blood safety etc. under NACP.
- Develop and strengthen quality assurance systems for HIV counseling within the National AIDS Control Programme(NACP)
- Conducting Training Needs Assessment for different cadres of staff providing HIV counseling services and for nurses posted at various facilities.
- Development of curricula, modules and other materials for training on HIV counseling and training of nurses.
- Planning trainings and preparing training calendars and training schedules for counselors and nurses.
- Ensuring the effective roll out of trainings for counselors and nurses through smooth coordination with states and training institutes.
- Follow-up and report on trainings, and update and share information with respective component heads within NACO on progress of training.
- Support and strengthen the evaluation systems to ensure quality of trainings.
- Identifying areas where Patient Education Tools and IEC would be required for counseling and assist IEC department and other partners in developing the same.
- Coordinate activities relating to GFATM counselling and nursing sub-components to utilize the resources and opportunities available under the projects for enhancing the capacities of counselors and nurses.
- Convene the Technical Resource Group (TRG) on Counseling and provide inputs to TRG on HIV counseling in each component under the supervision of Dy. DG.
- Co-ordination with Development Partners, Inter-sectoral agencies, NGOs and Private Sector in area of HIV Counseling
- Undertake field visits to monitor & improvise the quality of counseling services offered at various facilities, including Operational Research
- Monitor the works of Concerned Technical Officer(s).
- Any other work as assigned from time to time.
How To Apply : Eligible candidates may send applications by email with the subject line ‘ “Application for PO (Counselling)” to Department of AIDS Control,6th and 9th Floor, Chanderlok Building,36 Janpath, New Delhi -110001.For More Details : email@example.com .The last date of receipt of application is 11-Nov-2013.
Important dates to remember :
Last date to apply : 11/11/2013