Punjabi University hiring CA, M Phil / Phd, M.Com, MA, MBA/PGDM, MSc holders for Assistant Professor role
Company name : Punjabi University
Posts : Assistant Professor
Qualification : CA, M Phil / Phd, M.Com, MA, MBA/PGDM, MSc
Location : Punjab
Last date to apply : 16 Sep 2013
Details of Post :
RECRUITMENT AND QUALIFICATIONS
- The direct recruitment to the posts of Assistant Professors, Associate Professors and Professors in the Universities and Colleges shall be on the basis of merit through all India advertisement and selections by the duly constituted Selection Committees as per the provisions made under these Regl.rlations to be incorporated under the Statutes/Ordinances of the concerned university. The composition of such committees should be as prescribed by the UGC in these Regulations.
- The minimum qualifications required for the post of Assistant Professors, Associate Professors, Professors, Principals, Assistant Directors of Physical Education and Sports, Deputy Directors of Physical Education and Sports, Directors of Physical Education and Sports, Assistant Librarians, Deputy Librarians, Librarians will be those as prescribed by the UGC in these Regulations.
- The minimum requirements of a good academic record, 55olo marks (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) at the master’s level and qualitying in the National Eligibility Test (NET), or an accredited test (State Level Eligibility Test – SLET/SET), shall remain ior the aDoointment of Assistant Professors.
- NET/SLET/SET shall remain the and appointment of Assistant lnstitutions. minimum eligibility condition for recruitment Professors in Universities / Colleges /Provided however, that candidates, who are or have been awarded a Ph. D. Degree in accordance with the University Grants commission (Minimum Standards and Procedure for Award of Ph.D. Degree) Regulations, 2009, shall be exempted from the requirement of the minimum eligibility condition of NET/SLET/SET for recruitment and aDoointment of Assistant Professor or equivalent positions in Universities / Colleges / Institutions.
- NET/SLET/SET shall not be required for such Masters Degree Programmes in disciplines for which NET/SLET/SET accredited test is not conducted.
- A minimum of 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) will be required at the Mastels level for those recruited as teachers at any level from industries and research institutions and at the entry level of Assistant Professors, Assistant Librarians, Assistant Directors of Physical Education and Sports.
- A relaxation of 5% may be provided at the graduate and mastels level for the Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe/Differently-abled (Physically and visually differently-abled) categories for the purpose of eligibility and for assessing good academic record during direct recruitment to teaching positions. The eligibility marks of 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherevef grading system is followed) and the relaxation of 5% to the categoriesmentionedabovearepermissib|e,basedonon|ythequa|i’yingmarks without including any grace mark procedures’
To Receive Education Based Job Alert - Register Now on Fresherslive.com
Arts, Humanities, Sciences, Social Sciences, Commerce, Education, Languages, Law, Journalism and Mass Communication
- Good academic record as defined by the concerned University with at least 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) at the Masters Degree level in a relevant subject from an Indian University, or an equivalent Degree from an accredited foreign University.
- Bedides fulfilling the above qualifications, must have cleared the NET conducted by the UGC, CSIR or similar test accredited by the UGC like SLET/SET.
- Notwithstanding anything contained in sub clauses I) and II) to this clause 4.0.1, or have been awarded P.h.D Degree in accordance with the UGC
- First class Master Degree in Business Management/ Administration/ in a relevant management related discipline or 1st class in 02 year full time PGDM declared equivalent by AIU/ accredited by the AICTE/UGC or
- 1st clas graduate and professionally qualified CA/Coast and Works Account/ Company Secretary of the concerned statutory bodies.
- Desirable : Teaching, research, industrial and/ or professional experience in areputed organization. Papers presented at conferences and/ or published in referred journals
Candidate should apply with detailed bio data in the prescribed format. Application form can be obtained from Incharge, University Faculty & Information Centre situated at the University main gate on payment of Rs.500/- at the counter or by sending a demand draft in favour of the Registrar, Punjabi University, Patiala should reach the Deputy Registrar Establishment, Punjabi University, Patiala-14002 latest by 16.09.2013
Important dates to remember :
Last date to apply : 16 Sep 2013