Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB) hiring Diploma holders for Head Constable (Ministerial) role
Company name : Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB)
Posts : Head Constable (Ministerial)
Qualification : Diploma
Location : West Bengal
Last date to apply : 30 Nov 2013
Details of Post :
Head Constable (Ministerial)
Applications are invited from eligible male/female candidates for filling up the following vacancies of Group-C Non-Gazetted (Combatised), Head Constable (Ministerial) in Sashastra Seema Bal. They will be governed under SSB Act and Rules applicable to other members of the Force and other Rules applicable from time to time. On appointment they shall be entitled for the pension benefits as per the “New Restructured Defined Contributory Pension Scheme” applicable for the new entrants to the Central Government Services w.e.f. 01-01-2004. The last date of receipt of application is 30-11-2013. However the closing date for receipt of applications (by post) for the candidates from North-Eastern States, Sikkim, Pangi Sub-Division of Chamba, Lahaul & Spiti and Kinnaur Districts of Himachal Pradesh, Ladakh Division, Kashmir of J&K State and the Union Territories of Andaman and Nicobar Islands and the Lakshadweep will be 07-12-2013.
To Receive Education Based Job Alert - Register Now on Fresherslive.com
Pay Band + Grade Pay : 5200-20200+ GP 2400 (PB-I)
Age: 18 to 25 years (As on 01/08/2013)
- Intermediate or Senior Secondary School Certificate (10+2) examination from a Recognized board/University or equivalent.
- Skill Test norms on computer : English Typing with minimum speed of 35 words per minute on computer; or Hindi Typing with minimum speed of 30 words per minute on computer. (35 words per minute in English or 30 words per minute in Hindi corresponding to 10500 KDPH in English/9000 KDPF in Hindi with average of 5 key depressions for each word on computer)
- Eye Sight- The minimum distant vision should be 6/6 in one eye and 6/9 in other eye without correction i.e. without wearing glasses or lenses. Visual correction of any kind is not permitted.
- The candidates must not have knock-knee, flat foot, varicose vein or squint in eyes and they should possess high colour vision i.e. CP III by ISIHARA. They must be in good mental and bodily health and free from any physical defect likely to interfere with the efficient performance of the duties. The candidate must meet all the medical standards required for efficient performance of the duties to a Combatised post in SSB.
METHOD OF RECRUITMENT: – The selection process shall consist of following stages:-
- Physical Standard Test ( PST)
- Physical Efficiency Test ( PET)
- Written Examination
- Skill Test (Typing Test) on computer
- Final Medical Examination
- Review Medical Examination
Application fee will be Rs. 50/- (Rupees fifty only) Non-refundable for candidates belonging to General and OBC categories. They shall attach Bank Draft/IPO (Non-refundable) drawn in favour of Authority mentioned at para-10 at column No. 3 below. No application fee will be charged from SC/ST, Ex- Servicemen and Female candidates
HOW TO APPLY:-
Eligible and desirous candidates should send their applications BY POST in the prescribed proforma given in Annexure-I and II with two self attested passport size photographs duly affixed on application form and admit card at the space provided for the purpose, along with application fee of ` 50/- in the form of DD/IPO and self attested copies of the testimonials as in Para-11. The applications should be typed or neatly hand written.
Two self-addressed envelopes of 4”x9” size with ` 25/- postage stamps duly affixed should also be attached with the application form. The candidates belonging to different States/UTs should send their application forms to the address as shown at Column No.2 of the table below on or before closing date.
The envelope containing the application should be super scribed in block letters as APPLICATION FOR THE POST OF “HEAD CONSTABLE (MINISTERIAL)”. The incomplete applications and applications received after the last date will not be entertained and will be summarily rejected. SSB will not be responsible for postal delay, if any. No correspondence will be entertained on this account.
Important dates to remember :
Last date to apply : 30 Nov 2013