State Bank of Travancore hiring 10th Class holders for Peons role
Company name : State Bank of Travancore
Posts : Peons
Qualification : 10th Class
Location : Thiruvananthapuram
Last date to apply : 03/10/2013
Details of Post :
Applications are invited from eligible candidates for appointment of Peons in State Bank of Travancore(SBT). Candidates can apply for vacancies of their native districts/centres only. Selection will be made district wise on the basis of merit among the candidates of the same district. C a n d i d a t e s have to appear for written test at allotted Centre at their own expenses.
The above vacancies are provisional and may vary according to the actual requirement of the Bank at the material time. Merit list will be drawn up State-wise/District-wise.
The salient features are given below:
- Scale of Pay: Rs. 5850 – 200 / 4 – 6650 – 250 / 5 – 7900 – 300 / 4 – 9100 – 350 / 3 – 10150 – 400/ 3 – 11350
- Emoluments: Selected candidates will be paid emoluments as applicable to Subordinate Cadre Staff under various Rules/Awards/Settlement in force in the employer Bank from time to time.
- Educational Qualification (as on 01.01.2013)
(i) 10th Standard Pass. But should not have passed Class XII or equivalent
(ii) Ex-serviceman, who have passed/ obtained the Indian Army matriculation Certificate or corresponding certificate equivalent to 10th Standard in the Navy or Air Force, after having completed not less than 15 years of service in Armed Forces as on 01.01.2013 of the Indian Union are also eligible for the post. Such candidates should pass the language test from the concerned states. Certificates should be dated on or before 01-01-2013.
- Other Qualification: Knowledge of read and write in local language is essential
- Age: (As on 01.01.2013): Minimum Age : 18 years ; Maximum Age: 26 years (as on 01.01.2013). Candidates born not earlier than 02.01.1987 and not later than 01.01.1995, both days inclusive are only eligible to apply.
Probation period: The newly appointed employees will be on probation for a minimum period of 6 months. Before the probation period comes to an end, the performance of the newly recruited employees will be evaluated and the probation period of those employees whose performance fails to meet Bank’s expectation, may be extended/terminated.
Application Fees and/or Intimation Charges (Non-refundable)
To Receive Education Based Job Alert - Register Now on Fresherslive.com
- SC/ST/PWD/XS Intimation charges : Rs.50/-
- OBC/GEN Intimation charge + Application fee : Rs.300/-
Fee once paid will neither be refunded nor be adjusted against any future recruitment projects
Date of written examination: 24-11- 2013 [SUNDAY] Bank reserves the right t o change the date of examination. Bank may conduct the examination on more than two dates, if need be.
CALL LETTERS FOR WRITTEN EXAMINATION: The candidates should download their call letter by entering his/her registration number and password/date of birth, after 11-11-2013 from Bank’s website. No hard copy of the call letter/booklet will be sent by post.
HOW TO APPLY: GUIDELINES FOR FILLING ONLINE APPLICATION: Candidates should have valid email ID. This will help him/her in getting call letter/interview advices etc. by e-mail.
OPTION : PAYMENT OF FEE (OFFLINE/ONLINE):
- Candidates should first scan their photograph and signature as detailed under guidelines for scanning the photograph and signature.
- Candidates to visit Bank’s website www.statebankoftravancore.com and open the appropriate Online Application Format given under “Recruitment Link”.
- Candidates are advised to fill the application carefully. In the event of the candidate not able to fill the data in one go, he can save the data already entered. When the data is saved, a provisional registration number and password will be generated by the system and displayed on the screen. Candidate should note down the registration number and password. They can reopen the saved data using registration number and password and edit the particulars, if needed. This facility will be available for three times only. Once the application is filled complete, candidate should submit the data. Candidates to take a printout of the system generated fee payment challan immediately. No change/edit will be allowed thereafter. The registration at this stage is provisional.
Important dates to remember :
- Date of Commencement of Application : 14/09/2013
- Date of Closure of Application : 03/10/2013
- Date of Closure for Editing the Application : 05/10/2013
- Last Date for Printing the Application : 16/10/2013
- Online Payment : 14/09/2013 to 03/10/2013 (both dates inclusive)
- Offline Fee payment (through CBS challan) : 17/09/2013 to 08/10/2013 (both dates inclusive)